In event planning, I admit I may be a bit over the top or anal retentive. Whichever describes the situation, I guess! I was always taught that a good party has some kind of candy, SOMEWHERE. 🙂 So for the bridal shower I thought I’d look up the personalized M&Ms, because I had ordered them years ago for a friend’s baby shower and they were a huge hit. I found the website, did a little of the “create yours” section, only to realize that I had to buy a minimum of 3 bags, at a total cost of $41.97 without tax and shipping. I also know I would need more than 3 bags based on the fact that each one is only 7 oz. I don’t know about you all, but my wallet hurts these days – so these are kinda out of the picture now. No matter how frickin cute I made them. Le sigh.
SO, I decided that there had to be something cheaper I could make. I found an image on Pinterest of personalized hershey’ s kisses and put it on my board, and decided to try it out today. It took a bit of trial and error, but I got it right AND now you can do this too! (PS, the site I found the original idea on was priced at $27.00 for 100 candies without tax or shipping.)
1. Go to staples or office depot, get Avery labels that are 1 inch circular mailing seals. (short answer to your question of why mailing seals, because it was the right size and was white. You can make these any color.) $7.99 for 600.
2. Go to Michaels and grab a “recollections lever punch” in petite. They should rename it to the hershey’s kiss punch. For real. $3.99 or $2.89 with a 40% off coupon. Yup.
3. Go to CVS or wherever you can get a “party size” bag of Hershey’s Kisses. $7.99.
4. Get home with your bounty, download the Avery template for the seals, it should be #5247.
5. Design your template however you wish, fill with color, add a photo or text, whatever your heart desires. For me it was the bride and groom’s wedding emblem on a white background. Be aware that you should make your image smaller than the circle because it is too big to affix to the kisses, you will be punching them out of the sheets in a later step. Copy and paste your first circle to the rest of the sheet, print! It took me about 15 sheets to do the entire bag. Minus the four I ate. Don’t hate.
6. Cut the sheets up into rows, this will be easier for the punch to center on your design. The seals are actually too big for the kisses, thus the need for a punch.
7. Turn the punch upside down so you can see what you are punching, and punch away. These are small, so I had a small container on hand to put them all into or risk them running away.
8. Peel and stick to your heart’s content! Invite people over to help, bribe your eight-year old or just do this while watching the tube. It’s a mindless activity. 🙂
Congratulations, you are done!! And you have something that people will remember for a very, very long time. All at the total cost of $19.53.