Hey again. After making more progress and almost being finished with my napkin rings from the last post – I got flowers from the hubs. They were gorg, but I kinda obsessed over the fabric that surrounded the bouquet. It was this orange netting thing I immediately knew I had to save. Wasn’t sure for what… but I folded it up anyways. Then as I was sewing I thought about the tablescapes again. Hmm, I don’t have a banner or bunting like I just did for Halloween, why not make one? AND OUT OF THAT FABRIC! Make it so, number one.
It was a rainy day today, so I pulled out some craft stuff for the kids and I to play with. I started out with just wanting to use the orange fabric. It turned out that it was too sheer against the kraft, so I doubled it up by folding it into a pennant shape and gluing it to the kraft. I also stuck a heavy book on top of them while drying. After adding my glitter letters, punching holes in them and stringing, I decided that there still was not enough contrast from far away. So, I found some ivory handmade paper and cut it into 1×1″ squares. I put the letters on top of the squares, and viola. I also covered the middle marker in the same paper, and added some paper cut arrows to tie back to my Evite theme that featured them. They are a little too big for the pennant, but I was tired at that point. My 2 year old was really acting 2 today. I’m pretty happy with it, but we’ll see if I don’t tweak it some more before this Thursday! 🙂